This delicious baked sea bass makes a complete meal with all the fresh vegetables in it, and it is so easy to make. I cooked the sea bass and the vegetables in olive oil, lemon juice and a little water and covered in foil. This healthy way of cooking retains all the wonderful juices of the fish and vegetables and makes the flesh tender. The result has been a refreshing, utterly delicious supper, easy to prepare. You can use any other white flesh fish of your choice.
I hope you enjoy this easy, delicious recipe, Afiyet Olsun,
- 4 fillets of sea bass – or a white flesh fish of your choice-
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 - 3 medium potatoes, par boiled for 10 minutes
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 fl oz. / ¼ cup water (or fish stock)
- 60 ml / 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 5ml/1 tsp red pepper flakes – optional
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped – to decorate
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large, heavy pan. Stir in the chopped onions and cook until soft, for 3 -4 minutes. Add the chopped garlic and tomatoes and cook over medium to low heat for 3 minutes. Pour in the water or fish stock, lemon juice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook gently for another 2 minutes on low heat and leave to cool.
- Par boil the potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain the water and leave to cool. Once it is cool enough to handle, cut in half and slice thinly.
- Grease a baking dish with the remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil and place the fish fillets and potato slices in the dish, coat them with the olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the tomato and onion mixture over the fish fillets and place the potato slices alongside the fish. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes (Please check the recommended cooking time for the fish of your choice on the packaging).
- Once cooked, take the foil out and sprinkle chopped parsley and red pepper flakes over the fish. Serve immediately with wedges of lemon by the side.
- Afiyet Olsun.