I hope you enjoy this delicious and wholesome Baked beetroot salad with walnuts and pomegranate molasses , so easy too. We love beetroot, pancar, as we call in Turkish and I have been making this delicious baked beetroots with garlic, walnuts, pomegranate molasses dish a lot recently. It makes a wonderful meze, also accompanies pasta, rice and grills beautifully. It is also vegan and gluten free, and so easy to make. Here’s my recipe, if you’d like to give it a go.
- 500gr/1.2oz beetroot, peeled and cut into bitesize chunks
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 85gr/3oz walnuts, chopped
- 15ml/1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 30ml/2 tbsp pomegranate seeds to decorate
- Sprigs of flat leaf parsley to decorate
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F
- Pour in the olive oil on a baking tray and stir in the beetroot, cut into bitesize chunks and chopped garlic to the tray. Coat them with the olive oil, season with salt and ground black pepper. Then roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the beetroot & garlic cool in the tray, then transfer into a serving plate.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts and the pomegranate molasses, combine well.
- Decorate with pomegranate seeds and sprigs of parsley and serve.
- Afiyet Olsun.
I am passionate about delicious, wholesome Turkish cuisine and it is a pleasure to share authentic Turkish recipes from my southern Turkish roots. Over 90 authentic Turkish recipes are included at my cookery book, Ozlem’s Turkish Table. Signed copies now 20 % off until end July 2019 from this link, and it is delivered worldwide, including the US, if you’d like to get a signed copy (please enter the promo code: summer-sale at the check out at this link, to get the 20 % discount).
I hope you enjoy it, Afiyet Olsun,