I hope you enjoy this delicious and wholesome Baked beetroot salad with walnuts and pomegranate molasses , so easy too. We love beetroot, pancar, as we call in Turkish and I have been making this delicious baked beetroots with garlic, walnuts, pomegranate molasses dish a lot recently. It makes a wonderful meze, also accompanies pasta, rice and grills beautifully. Baking the beets brings out its natural, delicious sweetness; it is also vegan and gluten free, and so easy to make. Here’s my recipe, if you’d like to give it a go. It keeps well in the fridge, covered, 2-3 days.
As a variation, you can serve it over labne or strained yoghurt too.
- 500gr/1.2oz beetroot, peeled and cut into bitesize chunks
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 85gr/3oz walnuts, chopped
- 15ml/1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 30ml/2 tbsp pomegranate seeds to decorate
- Sprigs of flat leaf parsley to decorate
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F
- Pour in the olive oil on a baking tray and stir in the beetroot, cut into bitesize chunks and chopped garlic to the tray. Coat them with the olive oil, season with salt and ground black pepper. Then roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the beetroot & garlic cool in the tray, then transfer into a serving plate.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts and the pomegranate molasses, combine well.
- Decorate with pomegranate seeds and sprigs of parsley and serve.
- Afiyet Olsun.
I hope you enjoy it, Afiyet Olsun,